PRACTICE / BUSINESS & CIVIL LITIGATION / EMPLOYMENT LAW
Employment Law Attorney for Orange County and L.A.
Whether it is defending an employer in a wrongful termination suit, advising an employer on the decision as to whether terminate and existing employee, or guiding an employer through an investigation because of an accusation for sexual harassment, Charles M. Farano has one advantage over most other employment law attorneys.
- First, he has tried numerous cases in California as well as in other states on behalf of employers and stood with the employers when the verdicts have been read – both good and bad.
- Second, he has conducted thousands of hours of research on how courts and juries will react to an act by an employer. These include mock jury trials, focus groups, interviews and of course actual jury trials. "An employer has to remember that everything they say and do is done in a fish bowl environment. The jury as well as the court of public opinion will stand in judgment a year or more after the incident occurs" - Employment Law Attorney, Chuck Farano
- Third he knows the law. "There are three aspects of the law – the law as stated in the statute, the law as stated by the courts, and the law of public opinion" says Chuck Farano. Despite the fact that the labor code in California states that a person's employment can be terminated at any time by either the employer or employee, most employees do not feel that way. You take a person who has worked for 30 years for the same company, and he will feel that he has a vested interest in his job and he will carry that feeling with him to the jury box, and 75% of all jurors will be employees and not management" - Chuck Farano
Chuck Farano assists the employer in several ways
- First, he approaches litigation in a cost effective and pragmatic fashion so if you get sued, you can be assured that you are taking the least costly way out of a difficult situation.
- Second, he knows how to implement cost effective measures to prevent lawsuits and expensive problems.
- Third, if you find yourself faced with a difficult situation that could draw you into a lawsuit, such as an allegation of sexual harassment, he knows how to set up and direct the investigation and arrive at a solution that will result in the least amount of risk to you.
- Fourth, if you find yourself in a position where you need to undergo layoffs or terminations, he can lead you through the process that will result in the least amount of risk to you.